You Can Make-Believe Your Way Into Your Dreams

A little over a year ago, I became a best selling author on Amazon. I sold 1,007 books in 30 days and hit #1 in the Authorship category.

And when I looked back at what, specifically, I did to make it happen, I was surprised (but not all that surprised) to find out it was mostly the acting as if stuff that helped me manifest it.

Yes, I already had a following and other books out and momentum. But I’d had that for years. It wasn’t until I started to pretend I was already the successful writer and author that I dreamed of being and taking action from that place did things like hitting #1 start to happen to me.

Here’s the cool thing about creating your writing dreams: you can pretend your way into them.

You can figure out where you want to go in your writing life, and then you can make a list of all the things you’d be doing and being if you were already that person, and then you can go and take as many of those actions as possible, as if you already are that person.

Just like you played make-believe as a kid and pretended you were a teacher or a mom/dad or an actor or a cowboy or a princess or whatever you liked to pretend to be (for me it was always teacher, artist and storyteller). You can do that right now with your dream writing life.

Here’s an example:

When I’m developing and planning a new story and I’m ready to write the first draft, I always build a Scrivener file for it. First I create two folders inside the file: 1) Written 2) To Be Written. Then I add a text file for each scene in the order they’re listed in on my roadmap to the “To Be Written” folder. And if I know the name of the story already, I’ll put it on the title page and rename the manuscript as well.

This is my starting place. And then I marinate.

I’ve got the story in my head and the plan down on paper. I’ve been thinking about it, marinating on it, and pulling out pieces and writing them down as they come through for weeks, if not months.

And having the Scrivener file all set up and ready to go really stirs up the inspiration. I find myself waking up in the morning with the opening lines for the story or a particular scene dancing through my head. Ready to come out.

Then I sit in front of the blank Scrivener file and I channel the words down to the page.

Before setting up the Scrivener file, I have no idea what words to use, they just won’t come out. But by pretending I already have the words and setting up the Scrivener file like I’m ready to start writing, the words come to me. Every single time.

Because I’m acting as if. I’m make-believing that I know what to write, and so I do the things I know I’d be doing if I already had the words: set up my Scrivener file.

I have a story plan, OF COURSE, I won’t write without one. But the story plan–while insanely useful–doesn’t tell me the specific words I need to write. It only informs me of what the story is about and what has to happen in each scene.

The words are a whole other beast.

So I use the acting as if principle to make the words come to me. I do this for my novels and for my blog posts and my nonfiction and even for the writing I do for my clients. I even have a client who I’m so in-tune with, when I’m writing her email copy I feel like her voice is being channeled through me. (It’s pretty freaking cool!!)

A little over a year ago, I started to pretend I was already a best selling author. I committed to writing and publishing 9 books that year. I opened myself to the idea of becoming a best seller and receiving the inspired actions to take.

Most importantly, I declared it publicly to my community that I was going to be a best selling author on Amazon in 2016. And to hold myself accountable to it, I started a group called the Bestselling Author Mastermind and I told everyone they could watch me hit #1 and I’d talk them through everything I was doing and how I was doing it.

So when my new eBook hit #1 on Amazon a week after creating this group and declaring publicly that I was gonna be a best seller, I was surprised, but, again, not all that surprised.

Because I acted my way into it.

I pretended it was already true and I took action from that place.

If I was already a best selling author on Amazon, I’d most definitely have a group where I showed people what I did and how to do it, as well as held them accountable to taking action in their own writing lives. So that’s what I did. I started the group and showed them live in real time how I became a best selling author.

When you start to let go of how you’ve always been told you should achieve things and start opening your mind to using universal laws to create what you want, you’ll be amazed at how much easier everything becomes.

Now don’t get me wrong–you still have to put in the work. I was able to easily manifest best seller status because I had built up so much momentum over the years. I just wasn’t open to receiving it until then.

But my point in all of this, is that you can very easily act your way into the writing life you’ve always dreamed of. You just have to step into the identity of who that writer and author would be right now.

It’s up to you whether you take baby steps or huge leaps. Both ways work and both ways will bring you closer and closer to being that writer and author you’ve always seen yourself as.

Dream life or bust,

 

 

 

#DreamLifeOrBust #DailyThinkDifferent

P.S. Doors to the Bestselling Author Mastermind are NOW OPEN to new members!!!! BAM is my high-level support group for multi-passionate writers and authors who want to have the habits, mindset, craft expertise, consistency and follow-through of a bestselling author, while writing and publishing their books and creating their dream writing lives all on their terms.

I’m SO pumped to welcome the new members to the group. I’ve just filled the member’s site with a ton of new content, including all of my most recent workshops. This is the BEST the member’s site has ever been.

See EVERYTHING you get in the member’s site, get the full details on the membership and sign up for the group here: www.jenniferblanchard.net/landing/mastermind

How To Create More Time For Your Writing (And Whatever Else You Want To Do)

You know how sometimes time feels like it goes SO SLOWLY?! Like when you’re at your day job and hating life and all you can think about is getting home and finally having free time to work on your writing. Or when a really, really bad song comes on the radio, but you can’t change the station because someone else in the car with you wants to listen to it.

In moments like this, time feels like it’s moving at the speed of a snail.

And then other times you’re on vacation or at a concert or just doing something you really enjoy, and time feels like it speeds up. A two-hour event feels like fifteen minutes and you’re disappointed it can’t go on longer.

But how can this be? How can time speed up or slow down based on what you’re doing and how you feel about it?

Because time is an illusion.

Time is a manifested reality based on your thoughts, perspective and emotions in any given situation. If you’re bored, time drags on. If you’re having fun, it feels like two seconds. It’s all an illusion you’re creating for yourself.

I discovered that I could bend time just by deciding I was going to. I’d set the intention, for example, I’d be running late for something and only had 15 minutes left but way too much still to do. So I’d say, I’m gonna bend time for the next 15 minutes, and then I’d go about doing what I needed to do. And somehow I’d be able to get whatever it was done in that 15-minute period and I’d be out the door on time.

It was like I actually bent time.

Because I changed my experience of it. I decided that I was going to get everything done that needed to be done in that amount of time and that was that. I didn’t allow for any other possibility to be present.

Reality is simply a perception. And that means you can control it by what think and decide to believe is possible.

So if you find that you just can’t ever make the time you want for your writing and other creative projects, here are some ways that you can start to manipulate time and get it to work for you:

1. Set the Intention

Intentions are powerful, especially when you say them out loud. So set the intention that you’re going to bend time for the next however long you have available to you. Then sit down and get to writing.

Doing this can turn fifteen minutes of time into getting what feels like 30 minutes or more of actual writing done.

2. Use the Magic Phrase

The magic phrase is: I bend the fuck out of time (or I suppose you can say it without the f-bomb if you want, but it won’t be as powerful 😉 )

I write that statement in my journal almost every day. It’s a new belief I’m creating for myself. And I know that anytime I’ve used it, I somehow manage to squeeze a ton of stuff into a tight amount of time.

3. Figure Out What Matters

Before you can really start to bend time, you need to know what you actually care about and want to achieve or get done each day.

For me, that’s my daily mindset practice, blog post, working on my fiction writing and on my nonfiction books. Everything else is secondary to this.

What matters to you? What do you want to be getting done each day?

4. Do It First Things First

After you’ve figured out what really matters to you, start doing that stuff first things first, before you do anything else.

For me, doing my soul work first thing in my day, before I spend my energy on anything else allows me to bend time. After the soul work is finished for the day, everything else I get done is a bonus.

And I always get to the end of my day feeling fulfilled and like I got a shitload of stuff done and was super productive.

5. Keep Reminding Yourself that Time Is An Illusion

Reality is bendable. It’s all based on what you believe. So create the belief that time is an illusion and it will be.

Once you believe that time is in your hands, you can make amazing use of the time you have available each day.

I’m a purpose-driven, multi-passionate writer and creator who loves to write and create and make things and bring them into the world. So I need a lot of time in my day to get done all the things I want to get done. (And I do A LOT in a day most days.)

If you’re multi-passionate and want to make more time for YOUR writing and other creative projects, this is your roadmap for making it happen.

Dream life or bust,

 

 

#DreamLifeOrBust #DailyThinkDifferent

P.S. Doors to the Bestselling Author Mastermind are opening soon!! I can’t wait to invite you in to check out all the amazing trainings and resources you get access to, plus our private members-only Facebook group where we connect, share, learn and grow with each other as we work on achieving our writing goals.

Want in? Stay tuned…

Are Your Goals Too Big For Your Beliefs?

So last night I was checking in on my income for the month and I discovered that I’m only $338 away from my goal of making $10k CASH!!!! And I have ZERO doubt in my mind that I will receive the rest of it. It’s DONE.

This is a goal I’ve had since December 2014, and it took me two-and-a-half YEARS to manifest it.

Why?

Because I had three major problems going on:

1) I wasn’t being consistent with my daily mindset practice at first.

I’d been doing Morning Pages daily since I learned about them in 2007. But at the end of 2014 I started to intentionally focus on doing mindset work.

But I wasn’t consistent with it until February 2016 when I started working with my soulmate mentor, a woman who is me on STEROIDS!!!

And my mindset practice has made ALL the difference for me. So if you look at the achievement of this goal of making $10k CASH in a 30-day period, it really took me one year and four months to achieve it. Inconsistency won’t help you achieve a goal.

But there’s another reason it took that long.

2) I was confusing my mind

I was doing my daily mindset work every single day and writing my reality and doing my journaling. But I was writing that “I make $10k a month” while also writing that “I am a multi-millionaire,” which is my BIG goal.

So my mind was getting confused, because those two phrases kinda negate each other. If I was a multi-millionaire, I would be making a hell of a lot more than $10k a month!!

I asked my mentor about this and she said, never write down an intention that you can’t emotionally connect to.

So I started to write “I make $10k a month” and then changed the other to “I am on my way to becoming a multi-millionaire.” Much more believable for me.

And a few weeks after making that tweak, here I am.

Technically you could say I had a $15k month because I made $10k cash but half of that came from a $10k sale of a writing project where I get half up front and half when it’s done. But I digress…

Anyhoo–the reason it took as long as it did was also about one more thing. And it’s the BIGGEST factor, so it’s important that I mention it.

3) My goal was bigger than my beliefs

In December 2014 I didn’t believe I could make $10k cash in one month. I was only making like $20k-25k a year in my biz back then so it was way too big of a leap for me to think I could make half of that in only 30 days.

But I WANTED to believe it.

And so I kept intending it and staying focused on it as much as I could. Until FINALLY I believed it was possible for ME.

Once that happened it was just tweaking some of the wording in my intentions and BOOM. My first $10k cash month. #ThankYou #MorePlease

Belief is EVERYTHING! Because your beliefs create your thoughts and your thoughts determine the actions you take (or don’t take).

And if your current goals are TOO big for your beliefs, the best thing you can do is scale down the goal so that it still stretches you, but also so that it’s believable to you.

If it’s not believable then you won’t emotionally connect to it. You HAVE TO be emotionally connected to a goal to make it happen.

Your emotions and feelings create your vibration and your vibration determines what you achieve or not.

And what creates your feelings? Your beliefs and thoughts.

Which, as always, means YOU’RE in control.

You can absolutely have ANYTHING you dream of and all on your terms, but you have to do the work to get it.

And by the work, I mostly mean the inner work. The outer work is just an extension of who you are and how you feel inside.

Dream life of bust,

 

 

 

#DreamLifeOrBust #DailyThinkDifferent

 

How I Became A #1 Best Seller On Amazon

This was originally supposed to be a video and/or livestream, but to be honest, I had a CRAZY week last week and I just didn’t get around to it. So I decided to just write it up, because writing is what I do best anyhow 🙂

I spent some time earlier in the week reflecting back on the specific actions–both practical and energetic–that I took last year that caused me to hit #1 on Amazon in the Authorship category with my eBook, Align Your Writing Habits to Success. And while most of the actions were practical physical actions (as to be expected) there was a whole bunch of energetic mindset actions baked into all of that.

It was almost hard to decipher the practical actions from the energetic ones because energy is involved in everything (as everything is made of energy).

First, why this even matters–because your energy creates your vibration and your vibration is what attracts and magnetizes things to you. So energy matters and the energy you bring with you to everything you do matters.

So that’s why you can’t (and shouldn’t) just do the practical stuff and think that’s enough. It’s not. And while practical action will get you somewhere, it won’t feel nearly as easy and in flow as when you’re doing those actions along with the energetic ones.

Which is why I had a hard time splitting all of the practical actions from the energetic ones, and the energetic ones from the practical. I did what I could, but don’t be surprised if the practical actions have a mix of energy in them and vice versa, that’s kinda how it goes.

Below are the practical physical actions and the energetic mindset actions that I did to become a #1 best seller on Amazon (for PAID books, NOT free ones)…

Energetic Mindset Actions:

> I decided 2016 was the year it was going to happen

This is major. It’s pretty much the WHOLE thing. Once you actually truly decide something and close off all other options and possibilities, then it doesn’t really matter what you do after that. The specific actions are far less important than the decision.

Because the decision creates a feeling inside you and that feeling raises your vibration and then your vibration causes you to have inspired ideas of actions to take. When you actually take them, that’s what will result in you achieving your goal.

> I believed it was DONE

I had no idea how I’d make myself a #1 best seller on Amazon. I had no idea how anyone did it. I didn’t know anyone who’d done it and I didn’t have anyone I could ask about it either.

But something in me just felt like it was done. I felt like it had already happened. And that feeling of “it has already happened” caused me to have inspired ideas for actions that helped me to make it happen.

> I wrote my reality

For several months before it actually happened, I was writing every single day in my journaling that “I am a best selling author” and “all of my books hit #1” and “I am #1 in the Authorship category.”

As writers and creators, our words have POWER. And we can use our words to create anything that we want in our writing lives and beyond. But you have to be committed to actually doing the “write your reality” journaling exercise every day.

> I visualized

Every day I’d imagine myself going to Amazon and seeing my book at #1. Over and over again this was part of my daily visualization practice. I saw it happen in my mind before I ever saw it happen in my reality.

And when I did finally see it in my reality, it felt totally meant to be. Because I created it.

Practical Physical Actions:

> I wrote more books

When I decided that 2016 was the year I was going to hit #1 on Amazon, I got the inspired idea that in order to do it, I’d probably need to write more books. So that’s what I committed to doing. I committed to writing and publishing one eBook a month for the rest of 2016.

I ended up writing 9 eBooks and publishing 7 of them. Two of those 7 eBooks hit #1 on Amazon.

> I told people I was gonna hit #1

I figured if I told people about my goal of hitting #1 on Amazon, it would force me into having to do it. Because I always do what I say I’m going to (even if sometimes it takes a bit longer than I expect it to).

> I acted on a Divine Download (aka: inspired action)

I received a totally random idea one day to take the content I wrote for a free 30-day writing habit challenge into an eBook. And rather than sit on the idea, I acted on it. I put the book together and I self-published it.

> I purchased Bestseller Ranking Pro

Right after I made the decision that 2016 was the year I’d hit #1 on Amazon, I received an email randomly about a software called Bestseller Ranking Pro, which allows you to get a behind-the-scenes look at the different categories on Amazon and an estimate of how many books you’d have to sell in a month in order to hit #1 in that category. The email was for a 50% discount for a 6-month subscription of the software.

I purchased the subscription and started looking into the different categories my books fit into and how much I’d need to sell to hit #1. Having this kind of information made me feel more confident that I could hit #1 in Authorship.

> I gave myself some massive accountability to make this goal happen

I always find that I’m much more likely to take action and achieve something if I’m being held accountable to doing it. So I started a mastermind group for writers who wanted to step up their habits and mindset, so they could create their dream writing lives (aka: The Bestselling Author Mastermind), and I actually told everyone that they’d be able to watch me become a best seller on Amazon.

I committed to giving my group members a behind-the-scenes look at what I did and how I did it. Giving myself the responsibility of not only running this mastermind group, but also to let all of the members watch me as I worked toward becoming a #1 best seller on Amazon, forced me to step up and do the work to make it happen.

This was a major acting as if moment for me.

> I emailed my community about my new eBook when it was available

When my new eBook, Align Your Writing Habits to Success, was published, I emailed my community to let them know it was available. Sounds simple, but you’d be amazed how many people don’t actually do this!

A lot of self-published authors don’t even have email lists and if they do have them, many of the same authors don’t send emails often enough.

> When the book hit #3, I emailed my community again and posted on Facebook

After I launched that eBook, I just kept pushing forward on my other projects. I wasn’t even paying attention to what was happening with book sales. Until someone emailed me to say my book was at #3 in the Authorship category.

When I found that out, I got super excited and I thought–I wonder if I can get it to #1? So I emailed my community and posted on Facebook, telling people the book was at #3 and asking them to buy a copy if they were interested and/or wanted to support me in hitting #1.

And when I woke up the next morning, my eBook was at #1 on Amazon in the Authorship category.

BOOM.

By combining the energetic mindset actions with the practical physical actions, I was able to achieve my goal of hitting #1 on Amazon. This combination of actions is what I now call Manifestation Marketing.

And the craziest part is, from the day I decided I was gonna hit #1 to the day it actually happened was around 90 days. Ninety days!!!

Imagine achieving one of YOUR writing goals in 90 days! Imagine fully stepping into the identity of the writer and author you’ve always dreamed of being.

That’s exactly what I did in 2016–I fully stepped up and began acting AS IF I was already the writer and author I dreamed of being. So, of course, that’s what I became.

And I step more and more into that identity every single day.

If you’re ready to step into the identity of the writer and author you’ve always dreamed of being and becoming YOU 2.0, today is the FINAL DAY to join us for the Manifest Your Writing Dreams to Life workshop.

Immediately upon signing up you’ll get access to the Facebook group, the pre-work and the Day 1 training and assignment, so you can dive right in and get started.

>> Details and sign up here: www.jenniferblanchard.net/landing/manifest

Dream life or bust,

It’s All About The Feeling That It Creates

When it comes to manifesting, there’s one really key thing you need: feeling. It’s all well and good to know what you want and visualize it as done and write your intentions down in your journal every day.

But if there’s no feeling behind it or you’re not emotionally connected to your intentions, you won’t be able to manifest them.

Feeling is EVERYTHING when it comes to creating what you want in your writing life and life in general. Without the feeling, there’s no reason to even bother.

Because the feeling is what creates the energy and vibration. And like attracts like. So if you’re writing down that you’re a New York Times Best-Selling Author, but you’re not emotionally conected to that goal–there’s no feeling in it for you, it’s just words on the page–then you can’t make the dream come to life.

The emotion, the feeling, that’s what will help you bring it to life.

Now if there’s a goal you want to make happen, but you’re not really emotionally connected to it or it’s not something that you deeply desire to have, you’re better off putting that goal on hold or setting it aside and focusing on a goal that does hold an emotional charge for you.

For many years I wanted to be a best seller on Amazon. I wanted to see my book at #1 in the Authorship category. But that goal didn’t have feeling around it.

Because I had no idea how to do it and I didn’t totally believe that it was possible for me. It felt like one of those goals that other people achieve, but not me.

And, really, that had a very distinct feeling around it: it felt bad. It felt unachievable. It felt impossible.

Those kind of feelings will only attract more of the same… bad, unachievable, impossible. So I couldn’t actually make my goal of hitting #1 in Authorship happen until I changed the feeling around it.

That didn’t happen for me until Februray 2016, when I met an author who has written and published 47 books–46 of which have hit #1 on Amazon. When I met her, a person I considered to be an amped up version of me, it finally hit me: if she can do it 46 times, surely I can do it once.

And that was the moment that shifted my feelings around hitting #1 on Amazon. Suddenly it felt possible for me. It felt like, duh! Of course I can make it happen!

That changed everything. Because now there was a supercharged feeling behind my goal of hitting #1 on Amazon.

So it’s not at all surprising that I had one of my books hit #1 on Amazon in the Authorship category less than three months later.

The feeling was everything. Changing how I felt about being #1 on Amazon changed what was possible for me.

Before the feeling changed, being #1 on Amazon in Authorship wasn’t possible for me. It was possible, yes, because all things are. But it wasn’t possible for me.

Because I wasn’t open to it. I wasn’t willing to receive it. And so I pushed it away with my bad feelings and attitude about Amazon “not counting” and “not being something I cared about.”

The truth is, it’s not nearly as easy to hit #1 on Amazon for paid books. It takes strategy and doing the work.

But just because it’s not easy, doesn’t mean it has to feel hard. Once I shifted my mindset around being #1 on Amazon and then made the decision that 2016 was the year it was going to happen, it was DONE. All I needed to do was call it in with my intentions and actions.

Everything I did after that point felt divinely guided and totally with ease and flow.

I was finally taking the right actions and doing the things that were aligned with me being a best seller on Amazon. So when it actually happened I was surprised, but not all that surprised, because that’s how manifestation works.

You want something. You decide that it’s done. You put a feeling behind it. And then you take action. What you want manifests in your life. Simple.

It’s us who gets in the way and makes achieving our goals so much fucking harder than it needs to be.

The Universe does everything with ease and flow. And it has unlimited possibilities and ways to bring its magic into your life.

But it can only work for you if you’re working for it.

So figure out what you really, really want, put a feeling of “I already have it” behind it, act as if you already do, and you’ll manifest it so fast your head will explode.

Dream life or bust,

 

 

 

#DreamLifeOrBust #DailyThinkDifferent

P.S. Want to learn how to put a feeling behind your writing goals so you can actually manifest them to life? Then be sure to join us for Manifest Your Writing Dreams to Life, a 30-day deep-dive into how to use the manifestation process to bring your goals to life.

And along with this workshop comes a BONUS!! — How To Manifest Money for Your Writing Project. I’m gonna be teaching you how to use the manifestation process to create money for whatever you need it for.

>> Details and sign up here: www.jenniferblanchard.net/landing/manifest

P.S.S. Even if you can’t participate live in this workshop, sign up anyhow. You’ll receive all of the daily emails and you can go back through them at your own pace whenever you’re ready.

Always And Only Visualize The End Result

Visualization is something I’m getting more and more into lately, as I play around with the power of my mind to create my dream life. I didn’t used to think I was a visualizer. I remember watching The Secret for the first time and when Mike Dooley talked about pretending to drive the dream car and yelling “woo hoo!” out loud–it kinda freaked me out a little bit.

I used to do stuff like that as a kid. But to do it now, as an adult? I don’t know.

But more and more I was finding visualization was something I was interested in. So in August 2015 when a business coach friend of mine ran a mindset challenge, I jumped in and participated.

And that was the week where I shifted everything forever. Because I finally experienced visualization the way it was meant to be used.

When I was doing my visualizations in the past, I’d imagine how I’d achieve something. I’d see myself looking for an agent or writing the book that got turned into a movie. I’d see the things I wanted flashing in front of me–dream house, dream car, dream life.

But nothing really came of it.

During that 7-day mindset challenge though, she showed us a whole different way to visualize. And it was exactly like what Mike Dooley had said in The Secret: focus on the end result.

Imagine it as DONE. Think about what it will be like once you’re already there.

But whatever you do, don’t imagine HOW you’ll achieve it.

The How is never up to you. The Universe figures out How. Your job is to take action (of course!) and focus on the end result. Like, completely dwell on it.

What it would feel like. What it would look like. What it would taste/smell/sound like, if those apply. Really get into it.

Recommendation is 5-7 minutes a day.

The end result is where you want to focus during these visualization sessions. Here’s what I learned from my friend on how to do that…

1. Choose a goal you want to focus on–example: make $1,000 from your books this month.

2. Think of a way you can celebrate achieving that goal–example: get all dressed up and take your husband to dinner at the fancy restaurant you love.

3. During your visualization sessions, instead of imagining how you’ll sell $1,000 worth of books this month, you just imagine yourself getting dressed, driving to the restaurant and then sitting at a table, ordering whatever you want and clinking your glass of champagne with your husband’s and saying, “here’s to achieving my first $1,000 book sales month.” As if it’s ALREADY DONE.

(This is just an example–you choose the celebration/reward that feels good for you.)

4. Now you have to take action–this is important. You can’t just visualize what you want and then do the things you usually do every day and expect the $1,000 in book sales to come in on their own.

Sorry–doesn’t work like that.

This distinction is everything. It’s the place where I messed up the whole manifesting thing for years!

You have to now take action in your daily life AS IF YOU’VE ALREADY sold the $1,000 worth of books.

If you take the same actions you usually take–aka: no actions, most likely, or actions that aren’t aligned with the goal–you’ll get the same results you always have. This is why it’s important to get this distinction. Otherwise you’ll just keep repeating the same year over and over again with very little movement or change.

Sit down and make a list of everything you think would be true about you as a person and your life (writing life and life in general) if you had already sold $1,000 worth of books this month.

Well, let’s see. Maybe you’d have spent at least 30 minutes a day focused on your book marketing. Maybe you’d have bought that new computer you’ve been hemming-and-hawing over for the last few weeks. Maybe you’d have stopped watching 3 hours of Netflix a night and instead spent time reading and creating free content you can use to promote and sell your book.

BOOM.

Those are the actions to go and take RIGHT NOW. Buy the computer. Stop watching Netflix at night and start reading all those books piling up on your Kindle. Create free content for 15 minutes a day. Make 30 minutes of space a day for book marketing and then show up for those 30 minutes and DO SOMETHING.

What you do doesn’t matter nearly as much as the fact that you’re doing it. There are millions of ways to achieve the same outcome/goal. Millions. And no ones path ever looks exactly the same, yet they still achieve the same result.

So whatever actions you’re inspired to take or whatever you believe you’d be doing, being, having when you’ve already achieved your goal, those are the things to be doing now. This sends a strong signal to the Universe that you’re ready to have the result.

The Universe always figures out the How when you’ve taken enough action. And you never know how much action will be needed or which actions will be the ones that work, so that’s why you have to act on whatever inspired actions or ideas come to you. Those are always the ones that connect you to divine timing and what most others call “luck.”

Success isn’t a linear thing. You may feel called to take an action that doesn’t make any sense and yet it’s the thing that actually works. So trust the ideas and Divine Downloads you get and act on them.

By acting as if your goal is already DONE, it soon will be.

I used this exact process in 2015 to make $15,000+ in my business in less than 2 months. And I’ve been using it and tweaking my mindset practice DAILY ever since.

If you want to improve your visualizing skills so you can create more of what you want to see in your writing life and beyond, be sure to join us for the Manifest Your Writing Dreams to Life workshop.

We’re going deep on how to visualize and journal your dream life into reality. YES, you’ll still need to take action (that’s non-negotiable), but I’ll show you how to figure out what the right actions are for you to take.

I’m holding nothing back and teaching you everything I’ve learned over the last decade+ of studying and practicing the law of attraction. And this isn’t just a sit back and learn type of workshop.

This is a take action workshop! You’ll actually get to experience the manifestation process as we work our way through the 30-days. You’ll actually put the principles into play and try them out in your own life.

Details and sign up here: www.jenniferblanchard.net/landing/manifest

Dream life or bust,

 

 

 

#DreamLifeOrBust #DailyThinkDifferent

I Live In A Magical Writer World… Care To Join Me?

There are two main types of writers: the ones who buy into the lack thinking and limitation spewed by the writing industry and many of the writers and authors in it, and the ones who know you create your own reality.

Which one are you?

I admit, there was a point in my life where I did buy into the BS beliefs of the writing industry, like it’s hard to be successful or you can’t make a living from your books unless you’re traditionally published or writers are broke/poor. I used to believe the starving artist mentality.

But then I discovered that’s all it is: a mentality. A mindset. A WAY OF THINKING.

And I didn’t like it one bit.

Because deep down I didn’t really believe it. I believed it on a surface level, because that’s what I thought all writers believed.

Until I started to meet authors who were making thousands of dollars a month from their books and authors who make $100k+ a year from their books and writers who got an agent the first time they pitched one and writers who got signed with a NYC publisher their first time around.

And I realized that it really is true: you create your own reality.

YOU get to decide what you achieve, how successful you are and whether or not your writing dreams come to life. YOU. No one else.

There are no limitations except the ones you put on yourself. Period.

I read a survey the other day of authors who make $100k a year from their books, and this was one of my favorite quotes from it:

“Never give up! I was told I could never make it, but I proved everyone wrong. I was rejected by one 300 agents and publishers. And it was a blessing in disguise!!! I now run my own ship and make my own rules. I keep 70% of my earnings! Getting shot down by publishers was the BEST thing to ever happen in my entire life! I wish I could give them a hug! They did me a huge favor and I found indie publishing.”

[The survey was pretty inspiring and had some eye-opening results… check it out here: https://www.writtenwordmedia.com/2017/06/07/100k-author/]

This survey–and all the authors who took it–are living proof that you CAN make a living from your books. There are many, many authors out there doing it.

You can do anything. You can be anything. You can create anything. And it can all be on your terms.

That’s the life I’m committed to living–a life that’s all on my terms. Where I get to decide, I get to choose and I get to say what’s true for me.

I believe that I can have it all and do it all… everything I dream of.

And you can too.

There’s no difference between me and you. I’m just a little further along than you are.

So I invite you to STOP. Stop buying into the BS lack thinking and limitations the writing industry and other writers try to place on you. Stop believing that it has to be hard (yes, you have to work hard, but it doesn’t have to feel hard). Stop getting caught up in other writers and authors limited beliefs around what’s possible (or not) for them.

Here’s the truth… if you want to live an extraordinary life where all of your dreams come true and everything is on your terms, you have to give up the notion that you will ever be able to be “normal” or fit in with most other writers.

You won’t and you can’t.

Because normal writers don’t live extraordinary lives. Normal writers buy into lack thinking and limitation. Normal writers email me to say things like, “who are you to charge $10k to ghostwrite a novel?”

Normal writers DO NOT GET IT.

But writers who think different do. And there are lots of these writers and authors out there.

They’re the ones actually hitting ‘publish’ and actually making money from their books and actually pushing the limits of what they believe is possible.

Big dreamers are not normal. Big dreamers are extraordinary. Big dreamers are willing to do the work and willing to risk it all for what they really want.

Big dreamers go all in on their dreams and they refuse to give up. Ever.

Big dreamers fully live my mantra, Dream Life Or Bust.

I’m damn proud to be a big dreamer, to not be normal and not think like most other people out there. Damn proud. Because I love my life and I love being me.

I live in a magical writer world where I get paid good money for my words and sell lots of books and believe and know that I can achieve everything that I decide I will and then act on.

Want to join me?

It’s all up to you.

You get to decide.

You get to choose which writer world you live in: the one with lack and limitation, or the one with unlimited abundance and possibility. Because whichever you choose is what will be.

I know you’re scared. I know all the BS you’ve heard your whole life about what it means to be creative or to be a writer. I know you worry that you won’t be able to pull it off.

But you will. You just have to choose.

Dream life or bust,

 

 

#DreamLifeOrBust #DailyThinkDifferent

P.S. Are you ready to create YOUR magical writer world? Then be sure to join us for Manifest Your Writing Dreams to Life–30 days that will totally shake up your ways of thinking and being.

This isn’t for the faint of heart, but it is for multi-passionate writers who want more.

Is that you? If it is, you don’t want to miss this!!

>> Details and sign up here: www.jenniferblanchard.net/manifest

The Journaling Tweak That Helped Me Manifest A $10K Writing Project

So I’m always telling you guys about my daily mindset practice that I do, which includes freestyle writing and then doing a journaling exercise called “write your reality” where you write intentional statements using “I” and written in the present or past tense. (The final part of the practice includes visualizing what you want as if it’s already done.)

For a while now I’ve been writing down that “I make $10k a month,” because that is my next big income goal. But I was also writing that “I am a multi-millionaire,” because that is my overall income goal for my writing business.

And nothing was happening.

So I asked my mentor if I was confusing my mind by writing that I make $10k while also saying I’m a multi-millionaire, because the two statements kind of negate each other.

Her response was spot-on and also the thing that pushed me through feeling ‘stuck’ with my manifesting.

She said…

You should never write down an intention unless you have an emotional connection to it, or you should change the wording until you feel an emotional connection to it.

BOOM!!

Not only was I negating myself by saying I make $10k a month but also that I’m a multi-millionaire (because, duh! The numbers do not add up!). But I also had no emotional connection to being a multi-millionaire because I’ve never done it or even come close. It’s too big for me to believe right now.

So I kept my “I make $10k a month” intention and started writing “I am on my way to becoming a multi-millionaire” instead. And not even three weeks later… my very first $10k writing project landed in my lap.

I’ll be ghostwriting a novel for one of my clients, something I hadn’t ever really considered doing and yet ever since I said yes the signs of alignment are EVERYWHERE! Including the invoice number I sent for the first payment, which was #00111!!

It’s amazing how such a simple tweak can change everything.

It blows my mind, really. But that’s the power of words and of choosing the right words, the words that have an emotional connection for you.

Now, of course, you have to believe what you’re intending. Which is why you’ve gotta mess with the wording until it feels believable for you and you can feel it in your soul… even if it hasn’t physically manifested yet.

So don’t start yourself out writing things that are so totally unbelievable for you that you’ll never be able to accept them as true. Start with something that’s slightly outside your comfort zone but that you still believe is possible for you.

A year ago I couldn’t have manifested a writing project that paid $10k because I didn’t have the capacity to receive it. It was too much money for me to believe it was possible for me.

But a year later, I’ve done enough journaling and mindset work and manifesting to finally believe that, of course, it’s not only possible to make $10k a month, but that it’s possible for me.

Incremental up-levels. Baby steps. That’s how you get your mind to believe bigger and better things. And as soon as you believe it, the physical manifestation of it won’t be far behind.

Dream life or bust,

 

 

#DreamLifeOrBust #DailyThinkDifferent

P.S. There’s still time to join us for the Writing Habit Revamp: 21 Days of Discipline, Habit-Building, Support and Accountability to Get Your Butt In A Chair and Words On the Page. We start Monday June 12!

And because writing habits are a foundational part of being a successful writer and author, I’m PAYING YOU to join us… with $394 worth of Bonuses, including my 7-part story planning and development eCourse, Novel University (a $297 value) AND the How To Write A Story Synopsis Training (a $97 value).

>> Details and sign up here: www.jenniferblanchard.net/writinghabitrevamp

Why Are You So Afraid of Getting the Result?

Let me ask you something… why are you so afraid of getting the result? You know you want it. You know you think about it all day long and dream about it all night. You know you’re meant to have it and that it wouldn’t even be a desire you hold inside if it wasn’t also possible for you to achieve it.

And yet, there you sit, still not fully stepping up and doing the work.

Sure, from the outside it looks like you’re doing the work, because you are doing something. You’re writing most days. You’re seeing some progress. You’re even feeling pretty good about the direction you’re heading.

But there’s still something nagging you. A voice that says you’re doing a good job of fooling the world into thinking you’re successful. Because by most people’s standards, you are. You’ve achieved things most people just dream of achieving, but you’ve made it happen.

Except you feel like a failure on the inside.

You don’t even really feel like you’ve achieved much of anything. You’ve just barely scratched the surface of where you want to go. And so while the outside world sees you as a success, you’re not quite seeing that for yourself.

Because you know you’re still not all in. You know you’re still not fully stepping into the identity of the writer and creator you want to be.

Something is still holding you back.

And you know what that something is. You just don’t want to say it out loud. ‘Cause saying it out loud makes it real.

You have a deep-seeded fear. It comes up every time you get close to achieving something and especially when you do actually achieve something. No matter what you do, it’s always there.

But it’s time to finally admit it and acknowledge the giant in the room. Time to come clean. Time to face the fear and say it out loud…

I’m afraid of succeeding.

I’m afraid of what it will mean. I’m afraid of how it will change my life. I’m afraid of what I’ll lose because of it. I’m afraid of what I’ll have to give up. I’m afraid of what others will think about me, and even more so what others will think that I think about myself.

I’m afraid of judgment. Afraid my family won’t be able to relate to me and I’ll be pushed further away from them than I already am. I’m afraid my husband will stop loving me. I’m afraid people will think that I’m stuck up and conceited.

I’m afraid that having it all will cause people to no longer like me. I’m afraid achieving all of my dreams and life goals will make people think that I think I’m better than they are.

I’m afraid the ease at which I know I can make things happen will cause people to think I didn’t really earn it or that I didn’t work hard for it. I’m afraid I can’t sustain the success and lifestyle that I want. Afraid it won’t last. Afraid I really am just dilusional and that everyone around me who’s said negative things is totally right…

As these fears continue to bubble up, success looks more and more like something you don’t want to tango with. It looks easier to just continue achieving mediocre things that most people think are awesome, because then you can look successful without ever really having to be.

‘Cause technically achieving something makes you a success. And right now you’ve achieved the level of success you can handle and that you’re comfortable with.

Why keep pushing it, right? You’ve done well so far. Might as well keep this facade of external success up while still feeling unsuccessful on the inside, because while the outside world sees different, you know you’re only playing at 50% (or less) capacity than you really could be.

It’s like when you’re playing softball in gym class and you seem to be participating and doing the work because you’re out in the field and you’re catching balls and throwing players out at the bases.

But your heart is still in the stands, waiting for you to pick it up and do with it what you’re really meant to.

Except…success.

It’s still there. It never goes away. Anytime you make progress, you see success sitting there on the horizon. Waiting for you.

And so you self-sabotage. You skip your writing session. You eat massive amounts of junk food and numb out with Netflix. You create life chaos or make yourself busy so you can reasonably excuse yourself from being that writer and creator you want to be, because who’s gonna point fingers at someone who’s working as hard in life as you are?

So you achieve something minor and then secede from success for a bit. Self-sabotaging and repeating the same behavior patterns as usual. The ones that keep you stuck.

The ones that stop you from ever having to fully go all in and fully step into who you need to be to achieve your dream life.

It’s easier that way, it really is. Then you’ll never have to worry about what would happen if you achieved success. What you would lose or who you would become or what people would say.

You can ignore all of that if you just never bother going all in, if you just keep dancing around the stuff you know you need to be doing every day, but never actually doing it. If you just do some of what needs to get done every day, but don’t do all of it.

Then you can avoid success all together. Then you’ll never have to answer all those doubts in your head or see if all those things you fear actually happen or not.

Then you’ll be able to sit cozy in the comfortable, mediocre existance that you’ve settled for and never have to worry about the what ifs.

What if you did go all in? What if you did all the work you needed to do? What if you made your writing and creating a priority? What if you stepped fully into the identity of the writer and author you want to be? What if you stopped putting it off until tomorrow? What if you achieved your dream life? What if you had everything you’ve ever wanted and more?

What if you hadn’t let the fear of success hold you back?

Then what?

What would your life look like if you were fully showing up every day and living like you mean it?

Then what?

Then you’d actually have to do the work and be fully present and show up and live with intention. Then you’d achieve the success you’ve been so afraid of and you’d find out that fear is just a mindset and that when you allow fear to hold you back, you’re making False Expectations Appear Real when they’re not.

But what if you decided right now, today, that you would no longer allow fear of success and fear of having it all hold you back?

Then what?

Dream life or bust,

 

 

#DreamLifeOrBust #DailyThinkDifferent

P.S. Are you ready for a major confidence boost?? Stay tuned! Doors to the Writer’s Confidence Boost workshop open tomorrow (and the price will knock your socks off!). If you’re not already on my email list, get on there right now so you’re the first to know when the doors officially open: www.jenniferblanchard.net/newsletter (you’ll also get a free copy of my eBook, The Bestselling Author Mindset Formula: How To Think Your Way to #1).