It’s almost the start of 2011. Which means writers will be writing down the goals they want to achieve and the habits they want to break. But what about the habits you want to make?
Making writing a habit is your only shot at reaching your writing dreams.
While writing is about creativity and style, it’s also about creating good habits that make you productive. Because if you don’t get any writing done, then your creativity and style don’t really matter.
If you want to make 2011 your best writing year yet, challenge yourself to become the best writer you’ve ever been. And that starts with the Better Writing Habits Challenge.
31 Days to Your Best Year Ever
For the past six months, Suzannah Freeman of Write It Sideways and I have been secretly working on a challenge that will help you take your writing habits to the next level.
The Better Writing Habits Challenge starts January 1 and will deliver 31 days of writing-habit makeover madness. By January 31, you’ll be on the road to turning 2011 into the year your writing dreams come true.
Here’s a sneak preview of some of the topics I’ll be covering:
- 5 Simple Steps to Setting Achievable Writing Goals
- The 3 Notebooks Every Writer Should Keep
- Toxic Language and How It Hinders Your Writing
- Weekend Warrior: How to Get the Most Writing Out of Your Weekend
- The Truth About Finding Time to Write
Some of Suzannah’s topics include:
- The #1 Way to Get Inspired to Write
- 6 Tips to Keep Yourself and Your Writing In Shape
- How to Create a Writing Space on a Budget
- 10 Writing Tasks You Can Do in 10 Minutes
- 5 Ways to Un-Stick Your Stuck Words
Whether you’re getting serious about writing or just getting started, this challenge is for you.
This challenge is free to all writers, so please pass along the link to others.