I seriously still can’t believe it’s the end of the year. Where the hell did 2016 go?!
That being said, it was an INCREDIBLE year for me. My best so far. I’m finishing the year not only having completed so many of the goals I had, but feeling SO damn proud of myself for how much I stepped up this year and kicked ass.
If you’ve been with me for a while, you know the kind of year I just had!
But it’s always good to do a check in and really take inventory of what you managed to do this year (and what you didn’t). So here’s my 2016 Year In Review:
What I Accomplished
- Wrote 9 books–published 7 of them (5 on Amazon, 1 as a freebie eBook on my website, 1 as a long blog post).
- Hit #1 on Amazon 3 times with 2 different books
- Fully replaced the income I used to make at my day job with my business income (first year I’ve done this!!)
- Participated in my first multiple day live event (with Larry Brooks!)
- Guest posted for Copyblogger
- Sold 2,300+ books in 31 days
- Was the first American guest on the U.K. podcast, Self-Publishing Journeys
- Connected with big-name people in the writing industry
- Launched my first podcast, The Pro Writer Mindset
- Up-leveled my mindset and created a new reality for myself
- Created supportive writing habits that stuck
- Continued changing writers lives through my books, workshops, digital products, free content, and my 1-1 coaching
- Kept up with my daily mindset practice and have now taken it into overdrive
- Attended a live event in the writing industry (TRIBE Writers!)
- Signed on to work with two of my dream mentors
- Took massive leaps in my business and in my writing career
- Stepped up to be the writer and author I’ve always wanted to be
- Learned A SHIT TON!
- Began trusting the Universe to show up for me and keep showing up for me
- Launched my membership site, the Bestselling Author Mastermind
- Changed my thinking BIG TIME
- Wrote 20+ emails a month to my community
- Continued to grow the membership of my free Facebook group, the 1% Writers Club
There’s probably SO MUCH MORE that I’m not even thinking of (because I honestly did a fuck load of stuff this year!). But this is the bulk of it. Whew!
And I’m not even tired! I’m energized and ready to keep going!!
What I Left Undone
With everything that does get done, there are always things that don’t get done. It’s what sacrifice is all about. And every choice you make has one.
For me, these are the biggest things that got left undone this year:
- Didn’t achieve any of my fitness and health goals
- Didn’t publish my second novel
- Dishes… oh so many dishes 🙂
While I’m not happy about the things left undone, I realize that it’s OK. Because a whole lot of other things did get done. And way more than I left undone.
Looking Into 2017
As usual, I have some MASSIVE goals for the New Year–stuff I’m really, really excited about. And while I’ll have lots of little goals for the year, I like to choose 3-5 BIG goals for the year. My big goals for 2017 are:
- Publish novel #2
- Write a screenplay
- Get healthy (fitness and food goals mixed into this one)
- Write a memoir
- Double my income from 2016
I’m taking on some stuff this year that’s totally outside my comfort zone. It’s going to be another year of massive achievement and massive growth. I’m looking forward to it.
I don’t know about you, but this is the first year where I’m ending December feeling like I killed it!! Like I seriously kicked ass and like I took advantage of every minute I could.
I know there are things I could’ve done better (’cause aren’t there always?) but overall, I’m insanely proud of myself and of how hard I worked this year, how far out of my comfort zone I pushed myself, and how much I leaned on the Universe for support.
I know 2017 is going to be an even more amazing year thanks to the momentum I built up this year.
How’d your year go? Are you landing where you wanted to? Or are you finding yourself feeling disappointed for another year gone by without achieving what you wanted to?
Wherever you’re at is the perfect place–there’s never any reason to judge or berate yourself. Your life is unfolding in perfect timing.
But it never hurts to get some clarity and self-awareness around what’s working and what’s not. So you know exactly what to focus on in the coming year.
Share With Us
What did you accomplish this year that you’re most proud of? Share in the comments.