By Jennifer Blanchard
As you get ready for NaNoWriMo, your main focus should be on getting your plot as ready as it can be.
As best-selling author, Larry Brooks, said in the comment he made on this post, “If you do enough quality story planning ahead of time, you can actually write something with a future.”
Here are some great (free) tools that will help you get started planning your NaNo novel:
- How to Plot Your Novel Visually Using Index Cards, by Lolaness
- Holly Lisle’s Create Your Professional Plot Outline mini-course
- The Story Structure Series on StoryFix, by Larry Brooks
- The Single Most Powerful Writing Tool You’ll Ever See, by Larry Brooks
- 6 Steps to a Perfect Plot, by Stella Cameron
If you’re participating in NaNoWriMo this year and would like help staying motivated throughout the entire challenge, be sure to sign up for my 30 Days of NaNoWriMo Tips for Procrastinating Writers e-mail newsletter.
About the Author: Jennifer Blanchard is founder of Procrastinating Writers. Be sure to follow her on Twitter.