Here are five things that I do every night before I go to sleep:
- I write down one to two sentences about my day.
This can be something that I want to remember, something that I learned that day, or just a little bit about what I did.
This is just for me to look back on later and remember. It keeps me from forgetting the little things that I did or that happened in my life – like a short diary entry.
- I write out my goals as if they have already come true.
I write them in the positive, present, or past tense. I write them down AS IF they have already happened, not as if I am writing about something that I’m working on.
Rather than writing, “I can’t wait to have the body of my dreams,” I write, “ I already have the body of my dreams.”
Examples of other goals I might write here are:
• “I am now making a full-time income from my book sales.”
• “I just sold my first screenplay.”
- I read something empowering.
I will read anything from a self-help book to a fictional novel.
I read something that feels good to me and what feels good to me changes every night depending on my mood.
- After I snuggle beneath the blankets with my head on the pillow and the lights out, I close my eyes andI speak to the universe about whatever it is that I want guidance on in this moment.
I will say, “Universe help guide me to the solution to…”
It may be something I have a question about, something that I’m wondering about in my life, something that I’m worried about or a “HOW” that I’m trying to get clear on.
For example, if I am working on a book I might say, “Universe show me the solution to this plot problem. Guide me and show me the way.”
- The very last thing I do before I fall asleep is to thank the Universe in advance for all my dreams and all my goals coming true.
This can sound like:
• “Universe, thank you so much for the hundreds of people who bought my books today.”
• “Universe, thank you so much for my screen play getting turned into a movie.”
Whatever it is that I have a goal for in that moment, I will literally thank the Universe for it in advance.
Doing these 5 things every night before I go to sleep helps me attract more of what I want in my life. And it helps me focus on doing my job and letting the Universe do it’s job.
Try adding a few or all of these to your nightly ritual and get ready for great things to happen in yours.
Dream life or bust,