I presented a 4-day novel development intensive alongside my mentor and story coach, Larry Brooks on April 3-7. This epic event was known as Your Story On Steroids. Twenty-six students showed up to the event, ready to learn, improve and grow.
But I think it was me who transformed the most. (Although we did end up changing a lot of writer’s lives too.)
Because as the days rolled on, I realized something: there are writers out there who are willing to bet on themselves and willing to step up and invest in the education and support they need to be successful. There are writers out there willing to be totally unstoppable and do whatever it takes.
There are writers out there who are open to learning and getting feedback and actually using that feedback to improve their stories.
From the interactions with participants and having the incredible opportunity to work with and learn from Larry Brooks, I grew as a student of story and as a story coach.
- Created a new Instagram-only video series called “15 Seconds of Story.” I’ll be sharing quick, bite-sized tips about writing better novels. (I just posted the first one yesterday!) You can follow me on Instagram here.
- Committed to taking action daily (I’m following a list known as the “Daily Fucking Actions Checklist”–because it’s so intense)
- Started connecting with podcasters (I’m going to be on two podcasts this month! Can’t wait to share them with ya)
- Started blogging again (I’ve been writing emails to you, but not posting the content on my blog, oy!)
ARE YOU READY TO…
- Stop the procrastinating and self-sabotage and finally write your novel?
- Feel confident in yourself as a writer, storyteller and pro novelist?
- Be a more efficient storyteller, so you can write a kick-ass book faster and more effectively?
2 Replies to “I Think I Learned As Much From This As The Students Did”
I LOVE this post. You are one of the most inspiring people on the planet!
Right back at you LB!