One of the things I hate most is seeing unhappy, miserable people working a job they don’t like and don’t care about. It seriously annoys me and just makes me sad.
Because it doesn’t have to be like that.
I know the normal people of the world and society tells you that it has to be like that–that you have to go to college, get a job and then work until you retire. But it doesn’t actually have to be like that.
It’s a choice to spend your life that way. And it’s also a choice not to.
Choosing not to comes with its own set of challnges, obviously. But so does choosing to stay in a job you dislike that makes you feel like your soul is dying.
And in my opinion, the challenges of not spending your life that way far outweighs dying a little more every day in a soul-sucking job.
But even if you don’t want to work for yourself full-time, doesn’t mean you have suffer. Doesn’t mean you have to continue letting your income and your freedom be dictated by someone else. You can take back control and even make yourself a nice litle side income.
How amazing would it be to have extra money every month? Imagine the things you could do, be and have.
How badass would it feel to know that you never have to worry about money, because you’re not only making money from your day job, but you’re also making some on the side from the things you really care about (aka: your writing)? Or to have a way of supplementing your retirement income.
Or to eventually go full-time if you want to and be a writer for a living.
This is totally possible. All it requires is for you to monetize the skills and gifts you already possess.
Writing services are a booming industry and will continue to grow and expand as more and more people and companies get online. Content is king on the internet, and writers are at the forefront of it.
My favorite writing service is freelance writing, for a few reasons.
- I love that you can freelance write while you hold down a regular job. I did that for years and it was a nice little side income that I’d use to buy things I wanted or to travel.
- I also love that you can freelance write from anywhere in the world so long as you have a computer and internet access. Talk about freedom.
Getting to choose when, where and how you work is the kind of freedom I dreamed about for years while sitting behind a desk for eight-plus hours five days a week working for a company I didn’t care about. When I took my writing business full-time in 2012, I finally got to experience that freedom first hand (and I’d never go back!).
I don’t believe in working a job just for money. I believe you should do work you love.
I understand that sometimes you have to work a job you don’t like because you need to make a living (we all do it at some point) but you don’t have to only do that. And you don’t have to do it forever.
Now I’m not suggesting everyone go and monetize their writing skills. Well, actually, I am. But only if you actually have writing skills.
I don’t believe in trying to make money doing something you’re not actually good at or that you haven’t done yourself (for example, I see way too many business coaches out there trying to monetize helping people make money when they’ve never made money themselves… not cool.)
But if you’ve got experience in something or you’re passionate about something and you’ve got the skills to back it up, I see no reason why you can’t translate that into an income.
You can use your natural-born writing skills to create freedom for yourself, financially, physically and mentally. You just have to be brave enough to push yourself past the comfort zone you’re currently living in that’s stopping you from doing what it takes to monetize your writing skills.
And I’m gonna show you exactly how to do it.
Freelance to Freedom: Get Gigs. Get Paid. Write For A Living
I believe that the most secure thing you can do for yourself is learn how to make your own money. It’s empowering, because then you know no matter what happens you can always generate your own income.
Writing is an in-demand skill in the digital world. And if you’re a writer, you owe it to yourself to learn how to monetize that skill.
This workshop will show you how to do it from freelance writing.
*This is a self-paced course*
Module 1: The Foundations of Freelance Writing
- The mindset of being a freelance writer
- Project management
- Types of content
- Creating authority for yourself as a pro writer
Module 2: Finding Gigs, Applying and Pitching
- Find freelance gigs
- How to write a great pitch when you apply for a gig
Module 3: Finding Sources, Interviewing
- Find sources for your articles
- How to interview and ask the right questions
Module 4: Doing the Writing
- How to put the article/content together
- Weaving the interviews/sources into the article/content
Module 5: Editing, Formatting for Online Publications
- How to put the cherry on the top of your article with formatting
- Get familiar with the style used for online publications
What You Get
- 5 mini-training modules, breaking down each part of the process into bite-sized pieces
- 5 assignments to complete (1 per module) that will build your knowledge and experience
- A private Facebook group for additional support and guidance and to connect with other workshop participants
- Access to Jennifer in the Facebook group, for questions, support, etc.
**DOORS TO THIS WORKSHOP ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED**
All sales final.