But now that the celebrating is over… you’re stuck.
You know something is wrong with your draft–but you don’t know how to fix it. It seems your story is a big mess, with gaps and plot holes, and it’s lacking structure.
Rather than tossing it in a drawer and forgetting about it, let’s turn it into a novel you can publish.
Step into the Novel Studio, my friend.
All novels need structure in order to be publishable by traditional publishing standards. And the draft you have right now probably lacks structure, which is why you can’t make it work.
In the virtual Novel Studio, we’ll spend 90 days taking the draft you have and turning it into a draft that you can publish.
Here’s how it works:
You fill out a questionnaire and send me a scene-by-scene description of your story, along with a copy of your manuscript.
I take a look and figure out where the story needs to go and how to get it there.
Call #1: We’ll discuss your story, and I’ll gather any additional info I need in order to do the assessment of your current draft.
I put together a 3-to-5 page document that tells you everything you need to do to sort out your story. I also offer up suggested structure.
Call #2: We’ll talk about my feedback to your story and decide the direction you want to take it in.
Weeks 3 and 4–Structure and Scene Rebuilding
Using that feedback, you decide on your structure, and then we piece your story together into a cohesive draft. You may be able to use some of what you already have, but you may not.
Call #3: We’ll discuss your structure and make any adjustments that are needed.
Call #4: We’ll finalize your structure and create a road map for all of the scenes you need in your story
Weeks 5 through 12—Rewriting Your Draft
Now that we have a revamped structure and story road map, you can put together a new draft (using pieces of your original draft, if they work).
Each week, you write and turn in the next part of your draft. I read and give you in-the-moment feedback and content edits to make sure you stay on track.
Calls #5-#12: We’ll discuss my feedback on your previous week’s writing, and work through any challenges or obstacles that are getting in the way.
You’ll walk away with a draft you can edit and then publish (and you’ll have access to my go-to people for editing, publishing and launching).
What You Get
90 days in The Novel Studio, which includes:
- 12, 60-minute coaching calls (one per week) ($5,500 value)
- A full assessment of your manuscript ($1,500 value)
- A 3-to-5 page feedback document that explains what you need to do to make your story work. It will also include suggested structure. ($1,500 value)
- One-on-one support to create the structure for your story and rebuild your scenes based on that structure ($2,500 value)
- Content edits during months two and three so you can have in-the-moment feedback as you’re writing ($3,500 value)
- 12 weeks of unlimited support between calls in a private one-to-one Facebook group (it’ll just be me and you in there) ($3,500 value)
Total Value: $18,000
Your Investment: $2,500
- Have a first draft written and you want to revise
- Have a novel in your drawer collecting dust that you would really like to publish
- Know your draft lacks structure, has holes or gaps, and you want to fix it
This program is not for you if you:
- Haven’t written a draft yet (you want Idea to Draft instead)
- Have no desire to publish the story you’ve written
- Aren’t invested in doing the work